Banana Cake with Brown Sugar Frosting – this is definitely a keeper – its a happy medium between banana bread and banana cookies!!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Dash salt
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, bananas and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; stir into creamed mixture just until blended.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
1 bar equals 202 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 100 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
BROWN SUGAR FROSTING
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 tablespoons milk
- heaping 1/2 c. packed well brown sugar
- 2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons milk
- to prepare BROWN SUGAR FROSTING:.combine brown sugar, milk, and butter and boil 1 minute — let cool –the beat till creamy — adding vanilla and enough powdered sugar & milk till easily spreadable –frost cake when cool