So it’s almost Easter – and with it being spring break my youngest is already getting to that stage where she feels she is bored… So I went on a mission… and found this cute printable basket template… I figured it is something to keep her occupied for a little while – and when she is done she can fill them to give to her cousins… just a cute little craft to pass some time… ENJOY!!!
Happy Saint Patrick’s Day – Irish Soda Bread anyone…. March 17, 2013
Happy St. Patty’s Day first of all – and what is better than Irish soda bread to go with your Corned Beef & Cabbage Dinner….
Authentic Irish Soda Bread (easy 4 ingredient recipe)
4 cups of unbleached all purpose flour
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1 teaspoon of salt
14 ounces of Buttermilk
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Grease a Dutch oven and preheat it in the 425 degree oven for about 15 minutes, while you prepare the dough.
In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda and salt. Make a well in the center and slowly pour in the buttermilk, incorporating it into the dry ingredients with a wooden spoon a little at a time.
Once you have it all mixed together into sticky dough, turn it out onto a floured cutting board and knead lightly (too much kneading will make the gas escape).
Form the dough into a ball and flatten slightly into a disc shape. Dip a sharp knife in flour and cut an X mark across the top of the dough.
Place the dough into the preheated Dutch oven, cover with the lid and bake for 30 minutes.
Remove the lid and bake another 15 minutes.
Remove from the oven and enjoy.
And if you would like the recipe for your Cabbage Dinner – the link is https://bakingmommyof3.wordpress.com/?s=corned+ Hope you all enjoy your day!!!!
A cute idea on a old classic…No Bake Bird Nests March 16, 2013
We all have that no bake cookie recipe in the kitchen someplace – here its the one that I completely forget about most of the time… I should pull it out more often – I always have the ingredients – the kids and hubby love them … So with Easter coming up – it’s now time to find cute Easter friendly recipes for the kiddos…so came across this and I was like – DEAL Have fun creating….
NO BAKE COOKIES
- Heat to boiling on medium heat.
- Take off stove and let it cool for 1 minute.
- Add vanilla extract, peanut butter, and oatmeal. – Stir well.
- Drop by teaspoon onto wax paper and let cool.
We all get those urges to bake every now and then – and we get those cravings for something specific – well you can guess what my craving has been – hope you enjoy and get busy in the kitchen….
White Chocolate Chip Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats ( not instant)
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 6 ounces white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer combine the sugar, brown sugar and butter; mix well to cream together.
- Add in egg and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- Add the cinnamon, baking soda, salt and flour and mix well.
- Fold in the oatmeal, dried cranberries and white chocolate chips- making sure that all ingredients are uniformly distributed.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place 3 inches apart onto a greased cookie sheet and bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes, just until the edges are lightly golden.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 2-3 minutes on the cookie sheet, then transfer cookies to cooling rack.