This is something that I grew up eating… my kids have grown up eating and I will never forget the first time I made them for my husband…..they are one of the go to quick yummy things that I love about fall….
6 tart apples
1/2 cup bisquick
1/2 cup sugar
cinnamon – nutmeg
1/2 cup brown sugar
- First core your apples – arrange them into a baking dish – any size dish that will hold your apples – heat oven to 350
- mix all dry ingredients – poor into the core of the apple and over fill them…. the rest of the mixture you can sprinkle around the pan…
- add a tablespoon of butter to the top of the apple – this is not low-fat!!!
- bake for 30 to 35 minutes – or until your apples are tender…. let cool slightly – this will cause the butter and the mixture to make a syrup…
- enjoy warm with or without vanilla ice cream… hope you enjoy!!!