In this house breakfast for dinner is a common thing….We rarely get to have breakfast in the morning together – so we make up for it …..And I love fruit topped waffles….my husband will not eat a canned filling on a waffle though – he finds it just wrong….So this is one of the exceptions… and it is so good!!!!!!! P.s. they are on homemade waffles – I cannot stand a frozen waffle and a waffle to me is not a waffle unless it is round and Belgian!!!!
This warm and fruity sauce takes only minutes to make. It’s a nice way to present waffles or even pancakes and French toast.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen unsweetened whole strawberries
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice, divided **** I use apple and it works just fine!!!
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- In a large saucepan, combine the strawberries, 1/4 cup
- juice and honey. Cook over low heat for 10 minutes, stirring
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and remaining juice
- until smooth; stir into strawberry mixture. Bring to a boil; cook
- and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.