And the hardest part to homemade pizza is finding a good dough. This is one of the better that we have tried – many we will never try again….. But this one has been used a few times in our house. And it also works great for cal zones or Stromboli. And with the super bowl comes food. Lots of junk food and non healthy eating for most families….In this house I can’t even tell you who is playing!!!! It’s just not my cup of tea. I am one of those who can’t stand to watch sports on TV kind of people. If I am going to watch it – it has to be in person…. Either way hope you all have great luck with this versatile dough!!!
EASY PIZZA DOUGH
- 2 1/2 – 3 CUPS FLOUR
- 2 TABLESPOONS SUGAR
- 2 1/4 TSP FAST RISING YEAST
- 1/2 TSP SALT
- 1 CUP VERY WARM WATER
- 2 TABLESPOONS OIL
1. In a mixer bowl combine 1 cup four, sugar, yeast, and salt – blend well.
2. Gradually add water and oil to mixture – blend at low-speed until moistened. Then at medium speed 2 minutes. Add 1 1/2 – 2 cups flour and mix until dough pulls away from the side of mixer bowl.
3. On floured surface, knead in 1/4 to 1/2 cup flour until dough is smooth and elastic.. Cover loosely with plastic and let rest in a warm place for 15 minutes.
4. Press out dough onto 2 – 12 inch pizza pans. Prick randomly with a fork and let rest for 15 minutes.
5. Brush crusts lightly with oil and prebake in a 450 degree oven for 5 minutes.